Topic 1: About Me & Topic 2: First Marketing Blog Post

Hello Class!
Topic 1: I enrolled in this course because I need it for my major, right now I'm working towards getting my associates in Practical Business Management. My goal is to finish my associates then transfer to Oregon State to do the Merchandising Management Program, my dream is to do an internship with Williams Sonoma or Crate and Barrel which Oregon State offers.
What I'm most interested in learning about marketing is whats the best way to sell a product, and how to get your company's name out for the public to notice.
Outside of college I work as a server/bartender at Red Robin, I started at a gym in November called "Orange Theory" and that has been a fun place to be apart of. I love to do long distance running and this October I'm running in the Portland Half Marathon. I enjoy hiking, hanging out with friends, and being with my english bulldog Cleo.
Can't wait to see what I take from this class!

Topic 2: "The North Face Pledges to Feature more women in their Ads"
This article caught my eye because I've been wearing the brand for eleven years, and it's amazing that they are putting more women in their ads. The brand wants to put more female role models in their ads, so we will start to see famous female runners, mountain climbers, actors,  etc. This campaign is the largest media investment for spring the company has ever seen, the CEO didn't give the exact amount they were spending on this campaign. The brand is also expanding it's women's clothing, they are known for cold weather attire but want to put more summer and spring clothing in their line. I Think its unique that the brand is putting famous role models into their campaigns because we've never seen that from "The North Face" before. Usually we just see random models in the commercials or on the online website, I think it's putting the brand out there more and will grab people's attention. If I was the brand manager I would have put an equal amount of women as their were men from the start of this company, I think it's far over due for them to just now put more women in their ad campaigns and to just now be adding more women's clothing. I do think the marketing approach was good, I like that they are starting off doing this by putting strong female role models into the ads. It's not just about how good the models look in the brand, it's about the kind of people they are putting in to represent the brand. I learned a lot from reading this article because I never noticed that there wasn't as much women as there was men, I also didn't know the brand has been testing gender parity the last year on social media before deciding to go forward with this pledge.

Here's the link to article:
http://creativity-online.com/work/the-north-face-women-anthem/54240

Comments

Popular Posts